《奇迹:全球院士点赞中国》多语种微视频、文章、图书等全媒体产品
2018年07月20日 10:03:20  来源: 外文局
【字号  打印 关闭 

《奇迹:全球院士点赞中国》主视频(英文字幕)

 You cannot believe, when I got here (China) in 2007, I felt like I was in Brazil.

你简直不敢相信 2007年来中国的时候 感觉这里和巴西没什么两样 

 When I first went abroad, I was not confident to admit that I am a Chinese.

我刚出国的时候 经常不敢承认自己是中国人

 Our impression of old China, you understand, was millions of bicycles and

以前对中国的印象就是到处都是自行车

nearly no cars on the road.

路上基本没有什么汽车

 The airport was like a mess.

机场乱成一团

 I felt so ashamed.

真的是非常非常没有面子

 I thought China is just an underdeveloped country.

我当时觉得中国是个特别落后的国家 

 My parents used to come here. They have a business dealing in Chinese antiques.

我父母以前经常来中国 他们是做中国古董生意的

 I have a daughter, a son-in-law and four grandchildren living in China, in Macau, so part of my family is living in China.

我女儿 女婿 还有几个孙子都住在中国澳门 相当于我半个家都在中国了

 They've been coming here for 50 years, and they have seen an amazing difference.

他们来中国已经有50年了 见证了很多非常不可思议的变迁

 What I took with me is the poems of Li Bai, which I read during my flight, but what I saw here appeared to be quite different.

我来的时候带了一本李白的诗 在飞机上读 不过来这里后 所看到的显然太不一样

I am a professor of cancer medicine at Imperial College.

我是伦敦帝国学院的癌症研究与医学肿瘤学教授

 I met a lot of Chinese doctors.

我见到了很多中国的医生

 One collaboration is with Sun Yat-Sen University.

我们与中山大学有过合作 

I have been doing research on energy metabolism of animals and humans.

我研究的领域是人类和动物的能量和脂肪代谢

 Among my so far about 60 Ph.D. students in computer science, there were about 15 Chinese students.

目前 我带了60个计算机科学的博士生 大概有15个是来自中国的

 China was one of the actors that made possible the Paris Agreement two years ago.

两年前 中国非常有力地推动了《巴黎气候协定》的签订

 When I got back in 2013, the airport was much bigger, much larger; the progress was something that you can visualize very fast.

2013 再来中国的时候 我发现机场比之前大太多了 中国的发展变化 你很直观地能看到

 Chinese people stopped riding bicycles.

中国人不骑自行车了

 Now we see very nice cars and good public transport.

我们看到了很多非常棒的汽车 公共交通发展也很好

 Lots of my Western friends feel astonished of the changes they see in China.

我们很多的西方朋友们来看的话觉得很惊讶的

 I can't recognize the place, everything's so different, so huge, so new. It is sometimes a bit difficult for me to realize how it was before, because I don't recognize it anymore.

我简直不认识这个地方了 一切都那么不一样 变化太大了 崭新的模样 我几乎快忘了以前是什么样的 真的一点都不认识了 

 The people have changed, the people are very active and they look positive into the future.

中国人变化也很大 变得活力充沛 对未来充满希望

We now  have a strong leader, and he's not shy to express it, he is not shy to let the world know that we are a strong country, and we deserve the recognition and the respect from everybody else.

现在 中国有很强有力的领导人 他敢于向世界表达 敢于让世界知道 中国是个强大的国家 理应赢得其他国家的认可和尊重 

 China is full of examples of innovation that one can go through, and every story is amazing.

中国的创新实例不胜枚举 每一个都那么不可思议

 City planning, agricultural progress.

城市规划 农业发展

 I’m impressed by China’s quantum computer technology, and its achievements in AI.中国的量子计算机啊 以及AI方面取得的成绩啊 

China’s high-speed railway has surpassed any other country in terms of technology and operating mileage.

中国的高铁 从技术上和里程上 都是超过了国际其他国家

 If you take the top journals in science, then the number of publications coming purely from Chinese authors based in China, you know, has been rapidly increasing.

看一看顶级的科学类刊物 你就会发现 中国本土研究者独立撰写的论文数量正在飞速增长

 Five years ago, companies like Alibaba, they were kind of startups, now actually everyone knows about them.

五年前 类似阿里巴巴这样的企业还只能算是初创企业 现在 几乎所有人都知道它们的名字

We visited yesterday Huawei, and in Huawei, somebody told us that there are 120,000 people, but half of that number is researchers.

我们昨天去参观了华为 他们告诉我 12万员工里 有一半都是科研人员

 The fight against climate change goes through new technologies. In terms of developing renewable energy, China is certainly a leader.

新技术不断出现以应对气候变暖 在可再生能源发展方面 中国的确是世界领先者

 Take solar cells, the biggest producer of solar cells is China. Worldwide...

拿太阳能电池来说 中国是世界最大的太阳能电池生产国

 中国已经不是在跟踪了

China is not following others any more,

 已经是在创新

it is innovating.

 You know it's like a garden. If you want to grow things, it's important to think about the long term.

如同打理一个花园一般 如果你想有收获 就需要从长远角度规划 这一点很重要

 What did lead to total change was the openness of the economies.

战略性的转变是中国经济对外开放

 The Belt and Road strategy to make connections with all those countries.

一带一路倡议使沿线国家都产生了联系

 to open China to the world.

让中国对外开放

 To cooperate, to develop things together.

共同合作 共同发展

I could see the happiness of the common people, due to President Xi’s policies.

我能感觉到 因为习近平主席的政策 普通人变得越来越开心

 Three words? Oh my goodness.

只能三个词啊 天啊

 Amazing is certainly one word.

不可思议肯定是一个

Warmness in both senses, weather and people.

很温暖 指天气 也指这里的人

 Big scale.

规模宏大

 Progressive.

发展迅猛

High-efficiency, dynamic and infinite possibilities.

高效率 动态 无限可能

 Technology.

科技发达

Equality. 

平等

Reinvigoration.

伟大复兴

 Creativity.

创造力  

Open to the outside world.

向世界开放 

Risk-taking.

敢于冒险

Determination.

矢志不移

Freedom.

自由

Going to change the world.

将改变世界 

Exciting...

令人激动 

...exciting...

令人激动 

...exciting.

令人激动

We are entering a new era.

我们正在步入一个新的时代

China will be extremely important in what’s happening in the future.

在未来全球发展中 中国将至关重要 

China really has an opportunity in the new industrial revolution, in the AI industrial revolution.

在这场新的工业革命 中国有着绝佳的机遇 

In terms of cancer treatment and prevention, China is going to play a very very leading role.

在癌症治疗和预防方面 中国将在全球处于非常非常领先的地位 

I'm sure now you're seeing people in China getting Nobel Prizes.

我相信 大家已经看到诺贝尔获奖者有中国人的名字了 

Your president, you know, released the big plan to be the world leader in 2030, well I think it will be successful.

习近平主席颁布了一个重大的计划 让中国在2030年成为一个世界领导者 我认为中国会成功的 

China will rule the world in 10 to 15 years, and that's the reason for me to have very good contacts with China.

未来十到十五年 中国将会引领世界 所以我愿意与中国保持良好的关系

It's almost like a miracle, and I'm a religious man so I know what a miracle means.

(中国的变化)如同一个奇迹 我信奉宗教 所以我深谙奇迹的内涵

   上一页 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 下一页  

 
更多阅读:
 
(责任编辑: 张泽月 )
010020111310000000000000011100001373347161