BEIJING, May 4 (Xinhuanet) --Sony's Internet security crisis has deepened, with the company revealing hackers have stolen data of another 25 million PC game system users. It's the second breach for the consumer electronics giant.
A second massive security breach for Sony - this time the company says hackers may have stolen data from a further 25 million customers.
It comes just one week after Sony revealed that 77 million Playstation user accounts had been broken into.
The company's second in charge, Kazuo Hirai, responded on Sunday to the first huge violation - by apologising and promising new security measures.
Kazuo Hirai, President & Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment said "We will implement an upgrade of the system software of PlayStation 3. Through this process, all our users will renew their passwords for their PlayStation Network accounts though I know this is a great inconvenience to them."
Sony says the latest hacking could mean thousands of new direct debit records have been stolen, along with clients' names, addresses and emails, birthdays, phone numbers and other personal information.
The incident has sparked a wave of legal action - and investigations by authorities in North America and Europe - as well as criticism of Sony CEO Howard Stringer, who has so far not commented.
(Source: CNTV.cn)