WENZHOU, July 24 (Xinhua) -- The train collision in east China's Zhejiang Province has killed 35 people and left 192 others injured as of Sunday night, said a spokesman with the Ministry of Railways.
A total of 132 people are still being treated in hospitals, said Wang Yongping, spokesman with the ministry at a press conference.
Twelve people remain in critical condition, said Cheng Jinguo, head of the health bureau in the city of Wenzhou, where the collision happened Saturday night.
Cheng said at the press conference that 52 people who suffered slight injuries had been discharged from hospital.
Wang expressed condolences to the bereaved families and sincere apology to all the passengers.
The train's "black box" has been retrieved and the ministry is investigating the cause of the crash, Wang said.
Wang said the ministry will make public the cause of the accident as soon as the investigation is done and publish the names of the deceased and injured.
He said the crash has caused large number of casualties and great property losses. The ministry will find out the cause through thorough investigation and take effective measures to prevent similar accidents.
Despite the accident, the spokesman said the ministry is still confident in the high-speed train.
"China's high-speed train is advanced and qualified. We have confidence in it," he said.
The damaged rails have been repaired and were ready to resume operation but the reopening was delayed by the stormy weather, according to Wang.
Wang did not provide the exact time when the line would start operating again.
The accident occurred at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday on a bridge near Wenzhou when bullet train D301 rear-ended D3115, which allegedly lost power after lightning strike.