TEHRAN, Feb. 19 (Xinhua) -- Delegations from Iran and the United States will sit for another round of nuclear talks in Geneva on Friday, Iranian state media reported Thursday.
The talks will begin as a bilateral meeting between Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi and U.S. Under Secretary of State Wendy Sherman, Iran's official news agency IRNA quoted Araqchi as saying.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad-javad Zarif and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will join the talks on Sunday and Monday, Araqchi said.
Following the bilateral talks, further discussions may be held with the participation of other members of the P5+1 group, he added.
Iran and the P5+1 group, which comprises the United States, Britain, France, Russia, China and Germany, should reach a political framework deal before March 2015 and a comprehensive deal before July, according to statements made after the previous round of nuclear talks in November 2014.
However, Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei expressed concerns over the two-phased arrangement earlier this month, saying a framework agreement on generalities may be abused by Iran's opponents as a tool for bargaining over details in the final deal.
Related:
Iran vows to withstand West's sanction pressures
TEHRAN, Feb. 18 (Xinhua) -- As the talks over Iran's disputed nuclear issue nears its sensitive epoch, the country's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei pledged on Wednesday not to surrender to the sanction pressures by the West.
Iran can retaliate the West-imposed sanctions by stopping natural gas exports to the western countries, Khamenei said.Full Story
Iran rejects two-stage nuclear deal by July deadline: spokesperson
TEHRAN, Feb. 18 (Xinhua) -- Iran does not consider a two-stage nuclear deal in the remaining time leading up to a deadline by July, Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman, Marzieh Afkham, said in her weekly press briefing on Wednesday.
Asked whether the talks for a potential comprehensive nuclear deal will continue if a political framework cannot be agreed on by the end of March, Afkham said based on the November agreement, the talks were extended for another seven months and both Iran and the world powers are committed to the negotiations.Full Story
