Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: AirAsia  Ferguson  Children  IS  Gaza  

Canada vows to take all actions against any terrorist threat

English.news.cn   2015-01-12 08:46:57

OTTAWA, Jan.11 (Xinhua) -- Canada's Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Steven Blaney Sunday made statement to ensure the safety of Canadians following the online posting of an ISIL video calling for attacks in Canada.

"Canada's security agencies are closely monitoring this situation and have measures in place to address any threats," Blaney said in the statement.

A video, which was released on Twitter and jihadi forum Saturday, urged Muslims to launch indiscriminate attacks against Canadians. On the video, a man who says he is a Canadian and identifies himself as "Abu Anwar al-Canadi," urges his Muslim countrymen to follow the example of Martin Couture-Rouleau.

The man is reportedly named John Maguire, a former University of Ottawa student who converted to Islam and became radicalized before leaving Canada last year.

Blaney said Canada will not be intimidated and stands firm against terrorists and we will not hesitate to take all appropriate actions to counter any terrorist threat to Canada, its citizens and its interests around the world.

"Canadians should remain vigilant, but can rest assured that when the security and intelligence sector receives credible warnings of a specific threat, they work with the appropriate partners to ensure the safety of Canadians, " added the minister in the statement.

Editor: xuxin
FollowXinhuanet     
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top World News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100001339122021