Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: Gaza  MH 17  Ukraine  Prince George  Mexico quake  

Another Ebola patient discharged from U.S. hospital

English.news.cn   2014-10-21 06:23:59
 
• An unidentified Ebola patient who was treated at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta has been released.
Previously, there were reports that the patient was a doctor working for the World Health Organization.
U.S. hospitals have treated a total of eight Ebola patients
 
 

WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- An unidentified Ebola patient who was treated at the Emory University Hospital in Atlanta has been released, the hospital said Monday.

The patient, who was transported to Emory University Hospital on Sept. 9, was discharged from the hospital Sunday after he was determined to be free of virus and pose no public health threat, the hospital said in a statement.

"The patient has asked to remain anonymous and left the hospital for an undisclosed location. He will make a statement at a later date," it said.

Previously, there were reports that the patient was a doctor working for the World Health Organization.

Two other Ebola patients who were also treated at the hospital were discharged on Aug. 19 and Aug. 21.

U.S. hospitals have treated a total of eight Ebola patients, four of them, including the three from Emory, have recovered. Only Thomas Eric Duncan, a Liberian who was the first patient diagnosed on U.S. soil, died.

Currently, a freelance cameraman working for the NBC News and two nurses who contracted the virus from Duncan are still in U.S. hospitals for treatment.

Related:

WHO declares Nigeria officially Ebola free

ABUJA, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- The World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared Nigeria Ebola free on Monday, after no new cases were confirmed in the past 42 days.

WHO Country Representative in Nigeria Rui Dama Gaz made the announcement at an ongoing event in the Nigerian capital Abuja.Full Story

120 people remain on Ebola watch list in Dallas

HOUSTON, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- About 120 people are still being monitored for signs of Ebola in Dallas -- the epicenter of the Ebola outbreak in the United States -- as dozens of others came out of the three-week observation period Monday, health authorities said.

Dallas officials declared 43 people who may have had contact with the first diagnosed Ebola patient on U.S. soil -- Thomas Eric Duncan -- free of the deadly virus at a press conference held Monday morning.Full Story

 

Editor: Mengjie
FollowXinhuanet     
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top World News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100001271200811