GAZA, Aug. 26 (Xinhua) -- Israel's massive air and ground offensive on the Gaza Strip, which began in July 8, killed on Tuesday four Palestinians, including two workers in electricity corporation, medics said.
Ashraf al-Qedra, Gaza health ministry spokesman, told reporters that an Israeli war jet bombed a car in eastern Gaza city's neighborhood of al-Tuffah, and killed two man in the vehicle.
Al-Qedra also said that two Palestinian workers, who worked for the Gaza electricity corporation, were killed when an Israeli war jet missile struck their car in northern Gaza Strip refugee camp of Jabalia.
He added that earlier on Tuesday ten Palestinians were injured in separate Israeli airstrikes that targeted three houses in southern and eastern Gaza city, and three of them are in critical condition.
Overnight and early on Tuesday, the Israeli war jets carried out a series of intensive airstrikes allover the Gaza Strip, including another residential tower that consists of 13 floors in Gaza city's downtown.
The high-rise, called al-Basha high-rise, which includes offices of dentists, lawyers, media production and journalists, including the office of Xinhua stringer Saud Abu Ramadan, was struck early on Tuesday predawn with four heavy bombs fired from F16 war planes.
Four huge residential high-rises were destroyed this week by Israeli war jets' missiles; three in Gaza city and one with a commercial mall in the southern Gaza Strip town of Rafah.
"My office is on the 8th floor and the whole high-rise that consists of 13 floors was completely destroyed and turned into rubble," said Abu Ramadan, adding "the whole building includes 40 offices and apartments in Gaza city."
Meanwhile, Israel has suddenly closed on Tuesday the only commercial crossing point between Gaza Strip and Israel, just two hours after opening it to allow goods and fuel.
Israel informed the Palestinian committee to allow entrance of goods in Gaza that the closure of the crossing was made after several mortars were fired from the Gaza Strip on the crossing.
Meanwhile, the Health Ministry in Gaza said that the death toll since the beginning of the offensive on the Gaza Strip in July 8 has reached 2137, while a total of 11,100 were wounded.