Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: MH 17  Gaza  Ukraine  Prince George  Mexico quake  

Defeated Indonesian presidential candidate accepts court ruling

English.news.cn   2014-08-21 23:33:18

JAKARTA, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- Losing Indonesian presidential contender, former general Prabowo Subianto accepted the final decision of the Constitutional Court that rejects all of his allegations stipulated on his lawsuit on the result of last month' s presidential race, party's coalition spokesman said here on Thursday evening.

Tantowi Yahya, spokesman of Prabowo's party coalition, known as red and white coalition (Koalisi Merah Putih), which includes the second largest Golkar Party and several other parties, told a press conference along with the representatives of the parties in the coalition, shortly after the court handed down its final decision. "As citizens heavily upholding the constitution, we (...) accept the decision of the constitutional court," Tantowi said at Grand Hyat Hotel.

Nevertheless, he revealed that the coalition is still disappointed at the decision of the court.

Separately at his residential house, newly-elected President Joko Widodo and running mate Jusuf Kalla, again called for unity and said that they would soon prepare for a new government ( cabinet).

"We appreciate the works of MK (constitutional court) and DKPP (court on ethic of official undertaking tasks on the polls) which have worked transparently and professionally," Jokowi, nickname of the new president, said at his house.

"This will give a chance for both of us to immediately prepare our new government," he said.

Jokowi said they would soon meet with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to find out the problems being faced by the country and to know detail (of the problems) in ministries.

The constitutional court on Thursday evening decided to reject all allegation stipulated in the lawsuit on the result of the July' s presidential race filed by Prabowo.

The coalition statement dismissed concern over possible reaction of Prabowo's camp which may incur violence as the security guard were dispatched.

Editor: yan
FollowXinhuanet     
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top World News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011105521335745971