Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: MH 17  Gaza  Ukraine  Prince George  Mexico quake  

Israeli offensive on Gaza leaves 50 dead on Monday: medics

English.news.cn   2014-08-05 00:40:24

GAZA, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- The ongoing Israeli large-scale offensive on the Gaza Strip on Monday has left so far 50 Palestinians killed and more than 200 wounded, medics said.

Ashraf al-Qedra, spokesman of the health ministry in Gaza, said 32 bodies were pulled out from under the rubble in various areas in the Gaza Strip and 18 were killed in various airstrikes.

He added that most the bodies of the 50 people are civilians, including children and women.

Paramedics and rescue workers said on Monday that they managed to pull out corps from various areas in the Gaza Strip, adding that they found bodies of women and children buried under the rubble since Thursday and Friday.

They said that picking up the corps happened during the seven- hour humanitarian cease-fire announced by Israel earlier on Monday.

The Gaza health ministry said in an emailed press statement that the death toll since the beginning of the Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip has climbed to 1,868 and 9,470 wounded.

Meanwhile, Zeyad Nakhallah, a senior Islamic Jihad leader who is currently in Cairo attending talks with the Egyptians on mediating a cease-fire with Israel, said he expects a cease-fire to be declared within the coming few hours.

A high-ranking Palestinian delegation comprises Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the PLO has been holding talks with the Egyptians on reaching a cease-fire agreement with Israel that ends more than four weeks of fighting.

Editor: yan
FollowXinhuanet     
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top World News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011105521335314431