GAZA, July 26 (Xinhua) -- Gaza heath ministry confirmed on Saturday that the death toll in the 19-day Israeli offensive in Gaza has reached 1,030, while more than 6,000 were injured.
Ashraf al-Qedra, spokesman of the health ministry in Gaza, told reporters that during the humanitarian ceasefire on Saturday, medic are busy looking for dead bodies and potential survivors under the rubbles.
About 130 dead bodies are found so far in eastern and northern Gaza, the spokesman said.
A 12-hour humanitarian ceasefire came into effect in the Gaza Strip on Saturday as Hamas and Israel accepted a UN proposal late Friday night. The temporary ceasefire will end at 8 p.m. local time.
In the meantime, officials from the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Qatar and Turkey, as well as the UN, gathered in Paris in an effort to draft a long-term ceasefire agreement.
Israeli media said the officials called for an extension of the 12-hour ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in the Gaza Strip.