GAZA, July 23 (Xinhua) -- The death toll in the ongoing large- scale Israeli "Operation Protective Edge" on the Gaza Strip, which started on July 8, has grown to 682, medics said Wednesday.
Ashraf al-Qedra, Gaza health ministry spokesman, told reporters that on Wednesday, Israeli war jets' airstrikes and tank shelling killed 51 people and wounded more than 100 others.
He added that since the beginning of the Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip, around 4,250 people were injured, adding that more than two-third of the dead and the wounded are civilians, including women and children.
He said that latest incident was east of the northern Gaza town of Jabalia, when Israeli missiles struck a local house, killing three people, two of whom were brothers and the third a baby.
Shortly before the incident in Jabalia, three other young men were killed in the town of Khan Younis in southern Gaza Strip, said al-Qedra.
Paramedics and rescue teams said earlier that there are so many Palestinians are still under the rubble of the destroyed houses in Sheja'eya neighborhood in eastern Gaza and in the town of Khuza'a, east of Khan Younis.
They also said they hardly managed to pullout several bodies from under the rubble in Sheja'eya and in Khuza'a after the Israeli army and the International Committee of the Red Cross joined the effort.