KUALA LUMPUR, July 22 (Xinhua) -- Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Tuesday in Putrajaya that he had reached an agreement on three important points with Donetsk insurgent leader Alexander Borodai, who was commander of the region where the tragedy of MH17 occurred.
Najib said they had agreed that the remains of 282 people, currently in Torez, would be moved by train to Kharkiv, where they would be handed over to representatives from the Netherlands.
"The train will depart this evening Ukraine time, and will be accompanied by six Malaysian members of the recovery team. The remains will then be flown to Amsterdam on board a Dutch C130 Hercules, together with the Malaysian team," he said, adding that the remains of Malaysian citizens would then be flown home to Malaysia following necessary forensic work.
Najib said they also agreed at about 9 p.m. Tuesday Ukraine time, that the two black boxes would be handed over to a Malaysian team in Donetsk, which would take custody of them.
He said still another point they agreed on was that independent international investigators would be guaranteed safe access to the crash site to begin a full investigation of the incident.
However, Najib said that although an agreement had been reached, there remained a number of steps required before it was completed.
"There is work still to be done, work which relies on continued communication in good faith. Mr Borodai and his people have so far given their cooperation," he said.
The prime minister also asked all parties continue to work together to ensure that the agreement was honored.