ISLAMABAD, July 20 (Xinhua) -- Pakistani army said that the security forces killed 28 more militants during the military operation in North Waziristan tribal region on Sunday.
A military spokesman said that the terrorists eliminated include foreigners during the operation codenamed 'Zarb-e-Azb.'
He said six hideouts of the terrorist were also destroyed.
The military started the much-anticipated offensive in the region on June 15 as the Taliban had increased attacks following the collapse of the peace talks.
The army said that nearly 450 local and foreign militants have been killed so far and dozens of their hideouts destroyed.
A Pakistani Taliban leader Ehsanullah Ehsan told the media on Sunday that the security forces have exaggerated the figure of Taliban casualties.
The military said that the forces have cleared most of Miranshah, the headquarters of North Waziristan, and are now carrying out house-to-house search in Mirali, a main town and a stronghold of the Pakistani and foreign militants.
Defense Minister Khawaja Asif said that the command and control system of terrorists has been destroyed in North Waziristan during the ongoing military operation.
The defense minister said in a statement that the militants were fleeing from their hideouts in the area as their network has collapsed.
Pakistani and foreign militants had turned North Waziristan into their biggest sanctuary for their planning attacks across Pakistan and across the border into Afghanistan.