RAMALLH, June 30 (Xinhua) -- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Monday called for an emergency meeting of his leadership to debate the situation after three Israelis, who disappeared in southern West Bank in June 12, were found dead, officials said.
Nabil Abu Rdineh, said in a statement published by the Palestinian state-run Wafa news agency that the emergency meeting "will debate the current political developments and the consequences of the latest incidents."
Meanwhile, a high-ranking Palestinian official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Xinhua that Abbas asked the United States' intervention to put an end to more Israeli military escalation after the three Israelis' missing.
"Abbas has condemned the incident of kidnapping the three Israelis and reiterated that the Palestinians condemn all types of violence," said the official.
He added that Abbas warned the U.S. of Israel's exaggeration of dragging the entire region to the quarter of violence and tension by using this incident as an excuse to undermine the peace process.
Earlier on Monday, the Israeli army announced that its forces found the bodies of three teenagers, who were missing near the town of Halhul closed to the southern West Bank city of Hebron.