RAMALLAH, June 21 (Xinhua) -- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said on Saturday that no evidence has shown that Islamic Hamas movement is behind the kidnapping of three Israelis teenagers in the West Bank.
Abbas made the remarks after a meeting with members of the Arab Journalists Union gathering here for a conference.
The Palestinian leader told reporters that his people are doing their best to bring the three Israelis back.
Three Israeli teenagers were last seen near the southern West bank town of Hebron in June 12. Israel said they were kidnapped, and accused Hamas for being involved in the kidnapping.
Abbas complained that the Israeli army shot dead two Palestinian young men during a week-long military operation in the West Bank to search for the missing.
So far, the Israeli forces have arrested more than 400 Palestinians, including Hamas lawmakers, former prisoners and leaders.