KIEV, June 18 (Xinhua) -- At least 147 Ukrainian troops have been killed since the start of what the government called "anti-terror" operations in the eastern regions, a Defense Ministry official said here Wednesday.
Meanwhile, "to date 267 soldiers were wounded and 13 of them remain in grave condition," Vitaly Andronati, head of the health care department of the Defense Ministry, told reporters.
"During the treatment in medical hospitals, we have lost just one wounded soldier, who suffered spinal column injury," he added.
Earlier in the day, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko announced a unilateral ceasefire in the eastern regions to allow armed activists to lay down their weapons or leave the country.
Kiev started its military operations in mid-April in an attempt to retake control of the cities and towns seized by armed activists, who declared independence from Kiev.