Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: Prince George  Mexico quake  Malaysia Airlines  Crimea  MH370  

Malaysia commits continuing search for missing plane

English.news.cn   2014-06-15 19:20:42

KUALA LUMPUR, June 15 (Xinhua) -- The Malaysian government and the Malaysia Airlines (MAS) on Sunday reiterated their commitment to continuing the search operation for the missing MH370 flight as 100 days had passed since its disappearance on March 8.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said on his twitter account that Malaysia remained committed to the search effort for the missing plane. "On this hundredth day since MH370 went missing, remembering those on-board and their families," he added.

Meanwhile, MAS Chief Executive Officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said in a statement that the company would continue to support the search operations and support the families of those on board the missing flight.

It had been the longest and most painful 100 days in MAS history since the disappearance of the aircraft, he said, adding "We feel the families' anguish, and like them, MAS continues to hope and seek answers that will bring us closer to finding out what happened to MH370."

He also conveyed appreciation to the governments and agencies of Malaysia, Australia and China, as well as other nations which took part in the search operation.

Malaysian acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein also said in a statement on Saturday that Malaysia reaffirmed its commitment with renewed vigor to locate the missing MH370 as the search went into a more challenging phase.

"I sincerely believe Malaysia will be credited for doing the best to our abilities under near-impossible circumstances and history will judge us favorably for that," he said.

Hishammuddin also thanked Malaysia's international friends, saying the country was fortunate not to be alone in the process.

He conveyed sympathies to the families of those on board the plane and assured them that Malaysia had and would continue to do its utmost in the search.

The minister also conveyed appreciation to the people involving in the search effort, thanking them for their sacrifices and praying for their safety.

MH370, which carried 239 people, including 154 Chinese, went missing on March 8 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Editor: Xiang Bo
FollowXinhuanet     
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top World News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100001334092011