KABUL, May 17 (Xinhua) -- Ten people were killed in separate blasts in Afghanistan, authorities said on Saturday.
In one attack, one civilian was killed while 12 civilians were wounded when a bomb attached to a motorcycle went off in Khowja Bahawoddin district of northern Takhar province around midday on Saturday, a provincial police spokesman Khalil Aseer told Xinhua.
The target of the attack was unknown, Aseer said while blaming the Taliban insurgents for attacking civilians.
Earlier on Saturday morning, five militants were killed when a bomb they were planting along a road was detonated prematurely in the country's eastern province of Ghazni.
Elsewhere, four Afghan army soldiers were killed in a roadside bombing over the past 24 hours, the defense ministry said in a statement without providing details.
The Taliban-led insurgency has been rampant since the militant group launched rebel offensive against Afghan government forces and more than 51,000 NATO-led troops stationed in the country earlier this month.
