KUALA LUMPUR, April 22 (Xinhua) -- Malaysian officials have said that the flight simulator taken from the house of missing flight MH370 pilot was still being studied by experts, while the overall cost of the search for the missing plane have not been determined by the government.
Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar said Monday that the police needs more time to conclude their probe into the simulator as retrieving data deleted was not a straightforward process, according to local newspaper New Straits Times.
Meanwhile, Deputy Transport Minister Ab Aziz Kaprawi said at the parliament that the government had not determined the overall cost of the search and recovery operation for the missing Malaysian flight MH370.
"So far 26 countries, 89 aircraft, 80 ships, several satellites, a submarine and an autonomous underwater vehicle have been involved in the operation," he said.
He said the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) required every country to provide search and rescue services within their jurisdiction under Annex 12 of the Chicago Convention 1994.
This means the cost of the search and rescue operations would be shared by all the countries involved, he said when replying to a question raised by a senator on the cost of the operation so far.
Moreover, he said the government would use new approaches to locate the missing plane with the cooperation of foreign nations. "We will not give up and will continue searching until we find it," he said.
Flight MH370 has gone missing since March 8 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. An international effort has been launched to search for the missing plane since then. No clue has been found so far.
Planned air search suspended due to poor weather: JACC
PERTH, Australia, April 22 (Xinhua) -- Planned air search activities had been suspended for Tuesday due to poor weather conditions in the search area as a result of Tropical Cyclone Jack, the Joint Agency Coordination Center (JACC) confirmed. Full story
Bluefin-21 completes two thirds of focused underwater search area: JACC
PERTH, April 21 (Xinhua) -- Bluefin-21 has searched approximately two thirds of the focused underwater search area to date with nothing found, the Joint Agency Coordination Center ( JACC) said in its latest update Monday.
According to the JACC, this morning, Bluefin-21 AUV completed mission eight in the underwater search area and its ninth mission will commence later Monday morning. "Bluefin-21 has searched approximately two thirds of the focused underwater search area to date. No contacts of interest have been found to date,"the JACC confirmed. Full story
Malaysian minister says next two days "crucial" in search for MH370
KUALA LUMPUR, April 19 (Xinhua) -- Malaysian acting Transport Minister Hishammudin Hussein said here on Saturday that the next two days will be "very crucial" as the search area for the missing flight MH370 has been narrowed.
The autonomous underwater vehicle Bluefin-21 will complete its scanning of the key area of the seabed in the southern Indian Ocean next week, but the search operation will continue, he told a press conference. Full story