Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: Malaysia Airlines  Crimea  MH370  Antarctic rescue  Mandela  

India says foreign investment in defense sector to remain 2013 level

English.news.cn   2014-04-18 10:36:29

NEW DELHI, April 18 (Xinhua) -- The Indian government has made it clear that foreign investment in defense companies will remain at the level allowed till August last year.

"Foreign Portfolio Investors/Foreign institutional investors ( through portfolio investment) in companies holding defense license as on Aug., 2013, will remain capped at the level existing as on the said date. No fresh FPI/FII is permitted even if the level of such investment falls below the capped level subsequently," the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion said in a statement Thursday.

In August last year, the government had banned investment by foreign portfolio investors in the defense sector. However, foreign direct investment is allowed up to 26 percent in the defense sector.

Editor: Shen Qing
FollowXinhuanet     
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top World News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100001332724551