Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: Malaysia Airlines  MH370  Antarctic rescue  Mandela  Syria   

Malaysia says search for missing MH 370 enters new phase

English.news.cn   2014-03-16 18:11:13

KUALA LUMPUR, March 16 (Xinhua) -- The search operation has entered a new phase and the search area has been significantly expanded, now involving 25 countries, Malaysian Acting Transportation Miniser Hishammuddin Hussein said Sunday at a press conference.

Hishammuddin Hussein said the search now focused both on shallow sea and "large tracts of land, crossing 11 countries, as well as deep and remote oceans."

The number of countrires involved in the search has increased to 25 from 14, the minister said.

As to information of the two pilots who were suspected by U.S. intelligence analysts of being responsible for the disappearance of MH 370, the minister said the two pilots had not asked to fly together, giving no more details.

Hishammuddin Hussein also said Acars communication system had been disabled before last radio contact between plane and air traffic.

Related:

Malaysia claims missing flight "deliberate" incident, China urges "thorough, correct information"

BEIJING, March 15 (Xinhua) -- China on Saturday urged Malaysia to continue providing more "thorough and correct information" about missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, after Malaysian Prime Minister claimed the plane deliberately steered off course. Full story

Malaysia says missing jet deliberately steered off course, shifts search focus to new territory

KUALA LUMPUR, March 15 (Xinhua) -- Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Saturday the disappearance of the missing Malaysia Airlines jet was deliberate, and the authorities have refocused their investigation into its crew and passengers. But he stopped short of confirming a hijack. Full story

Top military officer rules out possibility of missing Malaysian jet flying over Indian airspace: report

NEW DELHI, March 16 (Xinhua) -- A top Indian military Air Force officer has ruled out the possibility that the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 could have flown over India on way to Kazakhstan- Turkmenistan in Central Asia, said local media Sunday.Full story


Editor: Mengjie
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top Science News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100001331903091