|An ambulance is ready to carry out rescue operation on the Israeli side of the Taba border crossing between Egyptian city and the southern Israeli resort city of Eilat, on Feb. 16, 2014. At least four people, including three South Korean nationals were killed, and 13 others injured in a bus explosion on Sunday on the Egypt's Taba border crossing in Sinai Peninsula, the Egyptian Health Ministry spokesman Ahmed Kamel told Xinhua. Israeli security forces and emergency medical teams scrambled to the Taba border crossing after the powerful blast here on Sunday afternoon. (Xinhua/JINI)
Click here for more photos>>>
SEOUL, Feb. 17 (Xinhua) -- South Korea on Monday strongly censured a deadly terrorist attack on a tourist bus carrying its nationals in southern Sinai, Egypt, vowing to do everything to take care of the victims.
Seoul's Foreign Ministry said in a spokesman's statement that it strongly condemns the suicide bombing against its nationals, noting that it cannot repress fury and astonishment against such anti-human crime.
The ministry conveyed its deepest condolences to the victims and their bereaved families, promising to provide all possible supports to deal with the situation.
According to the ministry, the bus carrying 31 South Korean churchgoers, two South Korean tour guides and one Egyptian driver was struck by a terrorist attack Sunday afternoon.
The blast killed one female South Korean tourist, the two South Korean tour guides and the Egyptian driver along with the suicide bomber, injuring 15 other South Korean tourists.
A bomb exploded in the front part of the bus, which was preparing to cross into Israel in the southern Sinai town of Taba.
The team of South Korean sightseers, who came from one of the country's Presbyterian churches, had been on a pilgrimage since last week to Turkey, Egypt and Israel.
It was the first attack on tourists in Egypt since the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi by the Egyptian army in July sparked civil unrest and a spate of attacks across the country that have mainly targeted security forces.
The South Korean foreign ministry issued a special travel warning against the Sinai Peninsula, calling on its people to immediately withdraw from the region and not to visit the area.
4 killed in tourist bus explosion in Egypt's Taba
CAIRO, Feb. 16 (Xinhua) -- At least four people, including three South Korean nationals were killed, and 13 others injured in a bus explosion on Sunday on the Egypt's Taba border crossing in Sinai Peninsula, the Egyptian Health Ministry spokesman Ahmed Kamel told Xinhua.
The interior ministry said in a statement that "the tourist bus was waiting at Taba border crossing when its front part exploded." Full story
Sinai bus explosion to harm Egypt's tourism
CAIRO, Feb. 16 (Xinhua) -- Egypt's bus explosion on Sunday in the governorate of South Sinai, which killed three tourists from the Republic of Korea as well as the Egyptian driver, is likely to harm the country's already-suffering tourism.
In the volatile peninsula of Sinai, many attacks occurred in the past few months targeting security personnel and facilities, but Sunday's blast, in the border town of Taba, is the first to target tourists since July 2005, when a spree of bombings killed 88 Egyptians and foreigners in the resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh. Full story