DAMASCUS, Feb. 9 (Xinhua) -- A total of 65 civilians were evacuated from Syria's rebel-held old city of Homs on Sunday, the pan-Arab al-Mayadeen TV reported.
The new batch of evacuees left the old city amid shooting from inside the city in their direction, the TV said.
Meanwhile, 60 food parcels were delivered on Sunday to the civilians inside the old city by UN vehicles, a day after government-owned buses were shot when attempting to enter the besieged area.
Delivering aid rations and evacuating civilians from the old city of Homs was part of an agreement concluded lately between the Syrian government and the UN, under which a truce between the government troops and the rebels went into effect on Friday, when a total of 83 civilians were evacuated to government-controlled areas.
Earlier in the day, an official source in Homs governorate told Xinhua that about 200 civilians are expected to be evacuated Sunday from old city.
However, the truce was breached by the opposition fighters in the old city, following their firing on civilians and aid convoys, according to the official media.
The report said two aid convoys failed to deliver the aid rations after the rebels fired mortar shells in their directions and detonated two roadside bombs on their way.
Official media said that division among the rebels themselves caused the violence, while activist groups accused the government troops of firing the mortars to hinder the aid delivery.
About 2,500 people are believed to be trapped in the rebel-held old city, part of which have been under government troops' siege since June 2012.