CAIRO, Jan. 25 (Xinhua) -- At least 29 people were killed and 167 others injured on Saturday during clashes between supporters of ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi and security forces in different parts of the country, the health ministry's media spokesman said in a statement.
"The victims were killed in the governorates of Cairo, Giza, Alexandria and Menia," Ahmed Kamel said in the statement, noting the injured were from the said governorates in addition to Fayoum, Ismailia, Assiut and Beni Sweif.
Meanwhile, two blasts targeting police premises hit Cairo and Suez governorate on Saturday, killing a little child and injuring nine people.
Amid tight security measures, thousands of Egyptians took to streets across the country on Saturday to mark the third anniversary of the Jan. 25 uprising that toppled president Hosni Mubarak in 2011.
Meanwhile, the police fired tear gas and birdshots to disperse several pro-Morsi marches led by the Muslim Brotherhood, currently blacklisted by the interim government as a "terrorist group."
Earlier in the day, several Brotherhood supporters were injured and dozens others were arrested.
On Friday, a string of explosions rocked Cairo, killing six people and wounding about 100 others, while some 15 people were killed in clashes between security forces and pro-Morsi protesters nationwide.
CAIRO, Jan. 25 (Xinhua) -- Tens of thousands of Egyptian people flocked to iconic Tahrir Square in the capital city of Cairo, outside the presidential palace in Heliopolis and other parts of the country to stage celebrations marking the third anniversary of January 25 uprising that toppled ex-president Hosni Mubarak in 2011.
"I am here in Tahrir today to express support for the army against terrorism," Ahmed al-Essawi, a university student, told Xinhua while waving a flag of Egypt among crowds of celebrators. Full story