BEIRUT, Dec. 27 (Xinhua) -- Former Lebanese finance minister Mohammad Shatah was targeted in a booby trapped car explosion in downtown Beirut Friday at 9:30 a.m. MTV reported.
The TV channel said that Shatah's convoy was targeted while on the way to former Primi Minister Saad Hariri's residence downtown Beirut to attend a meeting for the March 14 opposition camp.
According to the preliminary medical reports, the station said that 12 people have so far been accounted among the killed in the explosion.
Related:
Toll rises to 23 killed, 146 injured in Beirut blasts
BEIRUT, Nov. 19 (Xinhua) -- The death toll from the twin bombings that rocked area Tuesday near the Iranian embassy in Beirut rose to 23 killed and 146 others injured, the Lebanese caretaker health minister said.
Ali Hassan Khalil said that the toll from the blast, which took place in Hezbollah's stronghold in the southern suburbs of the capital, could rise further, according to the state-run National News agency (NNA). Full story