LONDON, Dec. 20 (Xinhua) -- Britain plans to send a second flight on Friday to evacuate its nationals from South Sudan as violence spreads in the area, according to an announcement of the Foreign Office.
A Foreign Office spokesperson said the country would send a second flight to South Sudan to evacuate British nationals who wish to leave from Juba airport on Friday, following the evacuation of some British nationals on Thursday.
On Thursday, a Royal Air Force C-17 military transport plane successfully evacuated 182 people, including 53 British nationals, out of South Sudan to Uganda, officials said.
The foreign office urged British nationals in South Sudan who wish to leave Juba to contact the foreign office as soon as possible.
"If you would like to be on the flight on 20 December, we advise you to be at Juba Airport by 10:00 hours. It may not be possible to carry any baggage. If you bring baggage to the airport, you may have to leave it there."
Foreign Secretary William Hague welcomed the evacuation and said he was "very concerned" about Thursday's assault on a United Nations base, which left three Indian peacekeepers dead.
Some embassy staff and their relatives had been withdrawn, while FCO advised against all travel to within 40 km of South Sudan's northern border with Sudan, Jonglei State and Juba.
The past several days saw clashes between soldiers of President Salva Kiir and supporters of Riek Machar, former deputy chairman who was fired in July. Estimate by the United Nations put the death toll to about 500. Kiir has called a curfew during nights.