ISLAMABAD, Dec. 17 (Xinhua) -- Pakistan Taliban Tuesday rejected the dialogue offer by the government hours after the country's top security forum said it will give first priority to talks with the militants.
The Cabinet Committee on National Security deliberated upon the government's strategy to engage various groups of the Pakistani Taliban to address issues of extremism and militancy.
The committee meeting, presided over by the country's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, backed the government's strategy to hold talks with the Taliban militants but also considered the use of force if the peace option could not proceed.
The Taliban were quick to dismiss the government proposal and said they will fight back if the security forces launched any operation.
Spokesman for the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, Shahidullah Shahid, told the media that they will not hold talks with the government, as according to him the government is powerless and follows instructions from the United States.
He said the Taliban will struggle for the enforcement of Islamic Shria and can not trust the government.
The government had earlier planned to initiate talks with the Taliban. However, a U.S. drone strike killed the Pakistani Taliban Chief Hakimullah Mehsud last month, which led to the collapse of the process before it was to be initiated.
The Interior Minister later accused the United States of sabotaging its peace process with the Taliban, who refused to talk and announced to launch attacks to take revenge of the killing of their chief.