Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: typhoon Haiyan  spying  Morsi  LAX shooting  Taliban  

Egypt to lift state of emergency in light of judicial ruling

English.news.cn   2013-11-13 01:11:25            

Security forces disperse supporters of Morsi in front of a court in Alexandria, costal city of Egypt, on Nov.4, 2013. Egypt's ousted Islamist President Mohamed Morsi arrived to Cairo Police Academy on Monday to face charges of incitement of violence and killing of opposition protesters. Supporters of Morsi staged protests in many cities of Egypt.(Xinhua/Asmaa Abdelatif) 

CAIRO, Nov. 12 (Xinhua) -- Egypt's Cabinet spokesman announced on Tuesday that the Cabinet is committed to implementing a judicial ruling on ending the state of emergency in Egypt, official news agency MENA reported.

The spokesman's statement is in light of a court ruling ordering end to the state of emergency on Tuesday instead of the previously announced date set on Thursday by the cabinet.

The court rulings should be implemented with no argument, MENA quoted the spokesman as saying.

The Egyptian cabinet is waiting for the text of a court ruling ending the state of emergency in Egypt, said an official source with the cabinet on Tuesday, MENA reported.

The Administrative Justice Court issued a ruling earlier in the day ordering an end to the state of emergency as of Tuesday.

Egypt's interim government announced a state of emergency and a nightly curfew on Aug. 14 when security forces dispersed two sit- ins by supporters of ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in Cairo and Giza governorates.

Related:

Video >>> Egypt gov't lifts state of emergency

Video >>> Location of Morsi's trial changed at the last minute

Egypt's Brotherhood leader to stand trial on Dec. 9

CAIRO, Nov. 10 (Xinhua) -- Former top leader of Muslim Brotherhood Mohamed Badie and other 14 senior officials would stand trial on Dec. 9, over charges of inciting violence and killing protesters in July, an Egyptian court said on Sunday.

Cairo Appellate Court said the former supreme guide and other leaders of the Islamist group including Mohamed el-Beltagy, Essam el-Eryan and Safwat Hegazi were facing charges of inciting violence and murdering protesters during the riot in El-Bahr Aazam neighborhood of Giza governorate. Full story

   1 2   

Editor: Yang Yi
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top World News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100001328826581