CAIRO, Oct. 7 (Xinhua) -- At least nine people were killed in several attacks by unknown militants in Egypt on Monday.
Five soldiers and one military officer were killed on Monday when unknown militants attacked a military patrol near Ismailia city, a security official told Xinhua.
Masked gunmen in a car without licensed plates opened fire randomly at the soldiers while they were sitting in a checkpoint near Ismailia on the Suez Canal, the source said.
Another three people were killed, including two officers and a civilian, while 48 others were injured, some critically, when a car exploded in front of the headquarters of Toor city in southern Sinai.
The front wall of the building was totally damaged and four stories of the building collapsed in the massive explosion.
The death toll was likely to rise, as rescue workers and residents were searching for victims under the rubble, the source added.
Witnesses said the car had been parked outside the main gate of the security headquarters.
Forensic doctors were assigned to carry out an autopsy on the bodies and examine the injured. Crime lab experts were also ordered to head to the scene to collect evidence and identify the materials used in the explosion.
Security forces have intensified its operations in Sinai Peninsula against militants, who stage daily attacks on security premises.
Else where in Cairo, masked men fired rocket-propelled grenades (RPG) on the main premises of communication satellite dish in Maadi district. Medical source said two people were wounded in the attack.
One of the dishes used for international phone calls was damaged, an official source from state-communication Company said, adding that the rockets left a 25-centimetre breach in a satellite dish.
He added the communications haven't been affected.
The series of attacks on Monday by unknown perpetrators in the capital and Sinai came one day after Egypt marked the anniversary of the 40th anniversary of Oct. 6, 1973 war, when Egyptians flooded the main squares for celebrations and renewing their authorization for the army against terrorism.
At least 51 protesters, mainly supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsi, were killed during Sunday's celebrations.
The interior ministry warned on Saturday against "attempts that may disturb the Oct. 6 celebrations in Egypt."
At least 423 protesters were arrested in Cairo and Giza on Sunday over charges of vandalism and "firing live rounds and birdshot."
They assaulted private cars and set a traffic office ablaze, said the interior ministry, adding that the police had to combat the rioters who used firearms.
Meanwhile, the Islamists denied having used firearm. The National Alliance for Supporting Legitimacy, formed mainly from Muslim Brotherhood, repeated calls on Monday on the university students to protest on Tuesday. The alliance also called on its supporters to protest on Friday in Tahrir Square.
Prime Minister Hazem Al-Beblawi condemned Monday the terrorist bombing in South Sinai and the deadly gun attack on the Salehiya road to the Suez Canal.
Beblawi expressed his heart-felt condolences to the families of the victims, asserting that the perpetrators will not escape justice.
"Terrorist attacks on Monday are a predicted qualitative change in the Terrorist operations, especially after using RPG," Sameh Seif Yazal, head of state-run Gomhoria Center for Strategic and Security Studies, told Xinhua.
The military expert said that with tightened security measures against Muslim Brotherhood and crackdown on hundreds of members and top leaders, it is expected that the Islamists will adopt different violent methods to guarantee the continuation of instability in the country.
He added the Islamists are likely to use other methods, like bombed cars, or suicide operations, to terrorize the Egyptians, and prove their return to the political life is necessity.