TEHRAN, Oct. 6 (Xinhua) -- Iran said on Sunday that world leaders should think about new proposals for the upcoming nuclear talks in Geneva, semi-official ISNA news agency reported.
Foreign Minister Mohammad-Javad Zarif said that "the previous proposals by the P5+1 belong to history and they should attend the upcoming talks with new proposals."
The P5+1 -- Britain, China, France, Russia, the United States plus Germany -- and Iran met two times in Almaty, Kazakhstan in February and April. Their talks ended without tangible results.
The powers asked Iran to suspend its high-grade uranium enrichment and close down the underground bunker of Fordow where Iran enriches uranium to 20 percent.
In return, they offered to relieve some of the sanctions on Iran's petrochemical industry and its trade in precious metals. However, Iran did not accept the proposal, urging the powers to completely lift the sanctions.
The foreign ministers of the P5+1 and Iran met in New York last month and agreed to resume negotiations on Iran's nuclear standoff in Geneva on Oct. 15-16.
Iran insists on nuclear enrichment as its "right for peaceful nuclear activities." However, the West suspects that the Iranian nuclear enrichment program may be used to develop weapon-grade activities.
Zarif reiterated the country's earlier position, saying that Iran is ready to alleviate the concerns of the world community by working with a nuclear watchdog in a transparent manner.
However, Iran should receive a "deserving response" from world powers to build confidence, said the minister, adding that Iran's ultimate goal for the nuclear talks is the recognition of its " peaceful nuclear activities, including uranium enrichment on (its) soil."
On Sunday, Chairman of the Majlis (parliament) National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi said " The Islamic Republic of Iran is ready for negotiations and talks with representatives of the P5+1 countries on the nuclear issue based on mutual respect and on an equal footing."
Boroujerdi reaffirmed the country's stance on its nuclear program, saying that the country will never give up its "absolute rights."
The West is facing a test on how to solve Iran's nuclear issue with diplomatic solution, said Zarif, emphasizing that sanctions and pressures have not been proved effective.
He said new climate after the country's presidential election in June has provided an opportunity for the West to "gain the trust of our people," adding that it is "illusion" for the West to think they can impose their wills on Iran.
The foreign minister downplayed the attempts by Israel which he said are aimed at destroying the positive atmosphere that has been created after the Iranian delegation attended the recent U.N. General Assembly.
The Israeli prime minister said that Israel will not allow Iran to possess the nuclear weapon and vowed to dismantle Iran's nuclear capability even if it stands alone.
On Sunday, Iran Atomic Energy Organization (IAEO) chief Ali- Akbar Salehi said the Islamic republic arrested four people who attempted to carry out sabotage in the country's nuclear establishments.
"Some time ago, we could recognize four suspects in the IAEO, but we did not arrest them so that we could gather more intelligence from them," Salehi was quoted as saying by semi- official Fars news agency.
"We arrested them several days ago at the appropriate time," he said, adding that "we have started their interrogation."
Salehi did not say which nuclear establishments were the target of the plots but cautioned the Iranian security officials about the infiltrations through the border.
Further details about the sabotage will be disclosed in due time, he added.
In the past days, security officials thwarted a number of " serious" plots against the country and such attempts are likely to hit the country, he was quoted as saying.
"Iran's nuclear establishments are still the target of the cyber attacks, but, after the Stuxnet virus incident, we have promoted our protecting systems and are careful about possible threats," said Salehi.
Over the past years, Iran has been the target of numerous cyber attacks which aimed to disrupt the country's nuclear systems.
In July 2012, the reports said that two of Iran's uranium- enrichment plants were struck by cyber attacks, which shut down their computers.
Iranian Intelligence Ministry announced in October 2010 that Iran had detected and thwarted the Stuxnet virus aimed at infecting the country's nuclear plant system.
Iran said the computer worm, Stuxnet, infected 30,000 IP addresses in Iran, including the personal computers of the staff at the country's first nuclear power plant, Bushehr.
Iran has accused the United States and Israel of being behind the cyber attacks.