CAIRO, Sept. 1 (Xinhua) -- Egyptian prosecution referred Sunday ousted president Mohamed Morsi and 14 other people to criminal court over the killing of a journalist and the Itihadyah events in last year, official news agency MENA reported.
The prosecutor general, Hesham Barakat, accused Morsi of inciting violence and murder acts that occurred in the vicinity of the presidential palace on Dec. 5, 2012 over the presidential declaration that gave Morsi absolute powers.
The 14 suspects belong to Muslim Brotherhood group, MENA added.
News Analysis: Muslim Brotherhood needs to review its "approaches": analysts
CAIRO, Sept. 1 (Xinhua) -- Caught in a political deadlock since June 30, Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood (MB) needs to review its " approaches" if it wants to stay in the political arena in the future, analysts said.
Waheed Abdel Maguid, expert in the Ahram Center for political and strategic Studies, told Xinhua that the MB is throwing its political future away by collaborating with armed groups, noting that it should "restructure its approaches in dealing with political conditions." Full story
6 killed, 190 injured in Egypt's Friday clashes: health ministry
CAIRO, Aug. 31 (Xinhua) -- At least six people were killed and 190 were injured in clashes between security forces as well as citizens and supporters of ousted president Mohamed Morsi during Egypt's Friday protests, the Health Ministry reported.
In a press release, the ministry said two people were killed in Cairo, three in Giza and one in Port Said. Full story