CAIRO, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Egypt's security forces have managed to evacuate a mosque in downtown Cairo previously occupied by supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsi, while Egypt's cabinet said it considers banning the Muslim Brotherhood group.
Security forces have the full control of the situation at Fatah Mosque at Ramses Square following successful mediation headed by the Al-Azhar, Egypt's top Sunni Islamic institution.
TV footage showed security forces securing the exit of protesters, mostly women.
A large number of Morsi's loyalists took shelter inside Al- Fatah Mosque since early Friday, after clashing with security forces to protest Wednesday's dispersal operation against their two sit-in camps, which left at least 578 killed and over 4,200 injured.
"The security forces' mission was to provide a safe exit for the protesters inside the mosque," spokesman of the armed forces Ahmed Ali said in a statement.
Some gunmen shot at policemen and armed forces outside the mosque from the windows and the minaret, Ali said, echoing a report by official news agency MENA.
Elsewhere in Alexandria and Beheira governorates, dozens were injured as clashes erupted between the MB's proponents and citizens, in an attempt by the latter to prevent MB's marches to continue after the curfew hours.
The Alliance for Supporting Democracy, a pro-Morsi alliance which compromises 33 Islamic movements including MB, called for massive protests in Cairo and Giza governorates on Sunday, followed by a press conference outside the Supreme Constitutional Court (SCC), in Maady district.
The marches will take of the main streets after the Noon Prayer until gathered outside the SCC, and Roksy square in Heliopolis' district for another press conference.
Security forces are surrounding a group of the MB's leaders in eastern Cairo; Al-Hayat TV satellite channel quoted well-placed sources as saying on Saturday. The leaders will be detained within a few hours, the channel said, giving no further details.
Nearly 48 people were killed and 1,118 supporters of the MB were arrested during nationwide demonstrations on Friday, the Interior Ministry said in a statement.
Egypt is facing a war waged by "terrorist forces," a presidential advisor for political affairs said Saturday in reference to recent clashes between security men and supporters of Morsi.
Mostafa Hegazi added that what is happening in Egypt and the protests held by Morsi's supporters were "acts of real terror" instead of a political dispute.
"The Muslim Brotherhood gatherings have turned from expressing opinions into inciting violence," he said, noting that the presidency has called many times upon Morsi's loyalists to listen to the voice of reasons and go back home but in vain.
Egypt is exerting efforts to legalize the MB's group or any other groups that works in the public work, Hegazi said in answering a question about dissolving the group.
The door is open for MB's members who condemned violence to take part in the future road map, he reiterated, "not all MB uses violence." Hegazi mentioned some un-violent MB's groups who deviated from violence like "MB with no violence" and some other groups split from the group.
He repeated calls for MB to join the political process.
However, in an earlier cabinet's statement, Egyptian interim Prime Minister Hazem al-Beblawi vowed no reconciliation with " those whose hands have been tarnished by blood," in reference to the MB.
At a press conference, Beblawi said there was no chance of reconciliation with those "who violated the law."
Earlier Saturday, a cabinet spokesman said Bebalwi officially proposed dissolution of the Brotherhood in light of recent violent clashes between its members and security forces.
In response to Hegazi's statements, MB's spokesman Ahmed Aaref said the "massacres" against the anti-coup couldn't be ignored.
In a statement, Aaref said MB condemned violence and attacks against churches and public institutions. He asserted the instructions given for the protesters were clear, not to resort to burning, sabotage because any acts of violence will deform their " fair cause."
In a personal message to the incumbent UN chief, former UN Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali said on Saturday that the mission of the international organization is to achieve global peace and security and increase cooperation among the nations of the world.
Ghali said it is the duty of the organization to fight terrorism in all its forms, asserting that what happened in Egypt on June 30 was a complete revolution and the UN should explain this to the world.
On Thursday, the UN Security Council held an emergency meeting on Egypt, calling for an end to the violence and "national reconciliation."
The UN said it would dispatch Jeffrey Feltman, under secretary general for political affairs, to Cairo next week.
A joint statement on Saturday for 66 human rights organizations blamed the MB for the violence and chaos prevailing the streets, adding the group was preparing for "an armed disobedience."
CAIRO, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Egypt is facing a war waged by " terrorist forces," a presidential spokesman said Saturday in reference to recent clashes between security men and supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsi across the country.
Spokesman Mostafa Hegazi told reporters here that what is happening in Egypt and the protests held by Morsi's supporters were "acts of real terror" instead of a political dispute. Full story
CAIRO, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Egyptian interim Prime Minister Hazem al-Beblawi on Saturday vowed no reconciliation with "those whose hands have been tarnished by blood," in reference to the Muslim Brotherhood whose members have clashed with police in protest of a dispersal operation against their sit-in camps.
At a press conference, Beblawi said there was no chance of reconciliation with those "who violated the law." Full story