MANILA, July 10 (Xinhua) -- The Philippine government assured Wednesday that it will release the report of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on the killing of a Taiwanese fisherman in May.
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda told a news briefing that the NBI has gone through an exhaustive investigation.
"So we will release the report as we see, as the Philippine government deems it, as how they view the situation," he said.
President Benigno Aquino III had ordered the NBI to conduct a thorough probe into the incident involving the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG). A 65-year-old Taiwanese fisherman was killed when coast guards fired on a Taiwanese fishing boat.
Justice Secretary Leila de Lima, who has jurisdiction over the NBI, submitted the report to the President last month.
Aquino has yet to disclose the result of the investigation. But De Lima earlier said that part of the recommendations was the filing of criminal and administrative charges against the PCG personnel involved in the tragedy.