Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: Syria   Israel   Iran   Chavez   Gun control   

3rd victim in Boston Marathon blasts identified as Chinese national

English.news.cn   2013-04-17 07:04:10            
 • The third victim in Boston Marathon blasts was identified Tuesday as a Chinese national .
 • Another Chinese student was injured in Boston Marathon blasts, but in stable condition.
 • Relatives have requested anonymity for the deceased.

 

BOSTON, The United States, April 16 (Xinhua) -- The third victim in Boston Marathon blasts was identified Tuesday as a Chinese national, according to Chinese Consulate officials.

Officials from Chinese Consulate General in New York confirmed to Xinhua Tuesday that a Chinese national was killed in Monday's Boston Marathon blasts, while another was injured, but in stable condition.

Relatives have requested anonymity for the deceased. Consulate officials said they are doing everything they can to help relatives of the victims come to the United States and tend their loved ones.

Chinese officials said the injured Chinese national is identified as Zhou Danling, a graduate student at Boston University. She has undergone two surgeries since being admitted to Boston Medical Center, and is now in stable condition.

Boston University (BU) also confirmed Tuesday that a graduate student was killed in the blasts. The student's name has not been released, pending permission from the family, said the university' s news website BU Today.

The student was one of three friends who watched the race near the finish line, the website said. Another of the three, also a BU graduate student, was injured and is now in stable condition at Boston Medical Center.

The third BU student was unharmed.

The other two dead in the explosions had been identified as Krystle Campbell and eight-year-old Martin Richard.

Related:

Motives, perpetrators of deadly Boston bombings still unknown

WASHINGTON, April 16 (Xinhua) -- One day after two powerful blasts rocked the Boston Marathon and left at least three people dead and over 170 others wounded, the perpetrators and their motives remained unknown on Tuesday.

In a televised speech delivered on Tuesday morning from the White House, U.S. President Barack Obama called the attack "an act of terror."    Full story

Obama says FBI investigating Boston explosions as "act of terrorism"

WASHINGTON, April 16 (Xinhua)-- U.S. President Barack Obama said on Tuesday the FBI was investigating Monday's explosions at Boston Marathon finish line as "an act of terrorism."

Speaking at the second televised statement following Boston explosions, Obama called the explosions, which killed three and injured more than 100, "a heinous and cowardly act."  Full story


Editor: Liu
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top World News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100851323145081