Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: Syria   Israel   Iran   Chavez   Gun control   

S. Korea confirms cut-off of military hotline with DPRK

English.news.cn   2013-03-27 17:55:40            
 • S. Korea confirmed the notification by the DPRK of cutting off military communications hotline.
 • Around two weeks ago, the DPRK severed the inter-Korean Red Cross hotline.
 • Pyongyang warned it will nullify the Armistice Agreement that ended the 1950-53 Korean War.

 

SEOUL, March 27 (Xinhua) -- South Korea confirmed the notification by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) of cutting off military communications hotline.

"North Korea notified us of cutting the north-south military communications hotline through the notice under the name of the head of north-south general-level military talks," South Korea's Ministry of Unification said in a spokesman briefing on Wednesday.

The comments came after the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA)'s report that the DPRK sent the notice to South Korea at 11:20 a.m.

"The north-south military communications hotline that was set up for dialogue and cooperation between the north and the south lost its significance due to the reckless acts of the enemies," the KCNA reported. "Head of the north-side delegation to the north- south general-level military talks sent the phone notice to the south."

Around two weeks ago, the DPRK severed the inter-Korean Red Cross hotline in protest against the military drills between Seoul and Washington, including the two-month filed training exercise " Foal Eagle" and the computer-simulated war game "Key Resolve".

Pyongyang warned it will nullify the Armistice Agreement that ended the 1950-53 Korean War, vowing to nullify all non-aggression treaties.

Related:

DPRK threatens combat posture targeting U.S., South Korea

PYONGYANG, March 26 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) said Tuesday its strategic rocket and long-range artillery units have been ordered to enter combat posture targeting the United States and South Korea.

The Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army said that all the field artillery troops, including strategic rocket units and long-range artillery units, were to be put on the highest alert, the official KCNA news agency reported. Full story

DPRK cuts hotline with S. Korea

SEOUL, March 11 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) has reportedly severed an inter-Korean communication hotline following its threat to do so last week, the unification ministry said here Monday.

The ministry said the DPRK seems to have cut the emergency link set up to deal with any contingency along the demilitarized zone of Panmunjom, which separates the two Koreas, Yonhap News Agency reported.  Full story


Editor: Yang Lina
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top World News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011108171322664361