ISLAMABAD,March 21 (Xinhua) -- Pakistan on Thursday rejected accusations against the country's security agencies in the Indian top court's verdict in the 1993 Mumbai series attacks.
The Indian Supreme Court in its final verdict delivered on Thursday claimed Pakistan's hand behind the serial blasts, saying the 'management and conspiracy of the explosions were done by underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and others in Pakistan, and its intelligence agency ISI was also involved in carrying out the strikes'.
Pakistan Foreign Ministry spokesman, however, categorically rejected any insinuations pointing to the involvement of the Government of Pakistan or any of its agencies in any such activity.
Responding to reports carried in some sections of the Indian media regarding the judgment of the Indian Supreme Court implicating Pakistani government agencies in the 1993 Mumbai terror incident, the Spokesperson said that a detailed response could only be given once the judgment had been studied in its totality.
Pakistan has on numerous occasions offered cooperation to India in fighting terrorism through bilateral mechanisms, the spokesman said in a statement.
He said Pakistan remains committed in its resolve to fighting terrorism and engaging with India in a constructive, sustained and result-oriented dialogue process.
The 1993 Mumbai blasts were a series of 13 bomb explosions which ripped apart India's financial capital on March 12. The single-day coordinated attacks were the most destructive bomb explosions in Indian history.