PYONGYANG, March 5 (Xinhua) -- The supreme military command of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) said Tuesday that the Korean War Armistice Agreement was null.
In a statement in response to planned U.S.-South Korean military exercises, a spokesperson of the Korean People's Army also said on state TV that the DPRK military would carry out more and stronger countermeasures.
The spokesperson added that the DPRK has also decided to halt the work of its delegates at Panmunjom, where the two sides usually meet for communication and negotiations.
ROK warns of possible DPRK defense drill
BEIJING, March 5 (Xinhuanet) -- South Korea's defense ministry says it has evidence the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is preparing for larger defense drills, which will further raise tensions on the Korean peninsula. Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok told reporters there was "various evidence" suggesting such drills were being planned.
Kim Min-Seok, Spokesman, S. Korean Defense Ministry, said, "There is various evidence that the North is getting ready for much larger scale, conventional military drills after last year’s long-range missile launch, and nuclear test." Full story
DPRK blames U.S. for situation on Korean Peninsula
GENEVA, Feb. 27 (Xinhua) -- The recent nuclear test carried out by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) was a "resolute step for self-defense," a DPRK diplomat in Geneva said on Wednesday.
The move aims to cope with the United States' "hostile acts" against DPRK's satellite launch for peaceful purposes, said So Se Pyong, DPRK's Permanent Representative to the UN Office at Geneva. Full story