ANKARA, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) -- Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday vowed to take actions on a blast near the border Syria after the investigation into the case is completed.
"We will wait patiently until the details of a deadly bomb attack at the Cilvegozu border gate are fully clarified, and will then take all required steps without hesitation," said Erdogan.
A total of 14 people, including three Turkish citizens, were killed and at least 28 were injured in the car bomb blast in the southern province of Hatay on Monday afternoon.
The prime minister added that Turkish Interior Minister Muammer Guler, Justice Minister Sadullah Ergin and Customs and Trade Minister Hayati Yazici have traveled to Hatay immediately after the blast to inspect the scene. "The necessary statements will be made by these three ministers once their inspections are complete. "
According to Erdogan, the Cilvegozu border gate is closed to traffic except vehicles carrying humanitarian aid to Syrians.
He said since the border gate is not open, it was not monitored by security forces and "the bomb-laden car managed to cross the border gate and then detonated."
"We have taken all required measures since the clashes erupted in Syria. We have also warned Syrian authorities (not to spread their violence to Turkey)," Erdogan stated.
Reyhanli town, where the Cilvegozu gate is located, is 45 km from Syria's Idlib and 60 km from Aleppo, the two towns that have become the main battlefields between the Syrian rebels and President Bashar al-Assad's forces.
Dozens of mortar shells from Syria landed on Turkish soil last year, with one of the stray shells killing five Turkish nationals in October in the southern town of Akcakale.
Also, more than 170,000 Syrian refugees, including army defectors, are taking shelter in camps in Turkey.