SANAA, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) -- Yemen on Friday repaired its main oil export pipeline which was attacked a day earlier in the northeastern province of Marib, the country's defense ministry said.
"A technical team of the ministry of oil and minerals finished repair process on the pipeline's damaged section," which was attacked Thursday by unknown saboteurs, the ministry said in a brief statement on its website.
The attack, which was the seventh of its kind in less than two months, occurred Thursday morning in the area of Anshar in Sarawah district after heavy clashes erupted late Wednesday between armed tribesmen and the army stationed alongside the pipeline.
Security services in Marib have launched an investigation to find out the identity of the saboteurs and bring them to justice, said the ministry.
The oil flows had been resumed on Dec. 31, 2012, following a tribal mediation that ended a seven-week conflict between local military authorities and tribesmen, whom the government accused of repeatedly attacking the line.
The previous attacks had triggered a military offensive last month against the suspected attackers, leaving at least 10 tribesmen killed and more than 15 others injured.
The line, which carries about 110,000 barrels of crude oil a day to Yemen's main oil terminal on the Red Sea for export, secures up to 70 percent of the cash-stripped interim government's budget.