NEW DELHI, Jan. 5 (Xinhua) -- A New Delhi court Saturday issued a production warrant against five accused in the horrifying gang rape in the Indian capital last month, said a magistrate, ordering them to appear in court for the first time Monday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Namrita Aggarwal issued a production warrant against the five accused for Monday, Jan 7.
He told the media: "I have perused the entire charge-sheet, medical report, statements of victims, and other documents... I take cognizance of the charge-sheet. All the accused summoned. Issue production warrant against all the accused for Jan. 7."
Police filed the charge-sheet against the five accused Thursday, accusing the five accused of murder, rape, kidnapping, destruction of evident, dacoity, unnatural attack and some other offenses.
The accused - bus driver Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh, fruit seller Pawan Gupta, gym instructor Vinay Sharma and bus cleaner Akshay Thakur - are kept in Delhi's Tihar Jail.
The sixth of the rape is said to be a juvenile and will be brought to a juvenile justice court separately.
All six are held responsible for the death of the 23-year-old woman who was gang raped, beaten and mutilated on a moving bus for half an hour on Dec. 16 in south Delhi.
The victim died in a Singapore hospital last Saturday because of multi-organic failures.
The gang rape has rocked India over the past three weeks, with tens of thousands of people resorting to the street urging the government to give quick justice to the victim and check rampant violence against women in India.