CAIRO, Dec. 18 (Xinhua) -- Egyptian presidency announced the delay of the fourth round of national dialogue between the presidency and national forces to Wednesday, a presidential statement said Tuesday.
The statement referred the reason to the national dialogue legal committee which is still preparing the agenda of the dialogue, stating that it will be held Wednesday afternoon under the auspices of President Mohamed Morsi and chairmanship of Vice President Mahmoud Miky.
Earlier this month, President Morsi invited opposition and national forces for national dialogue to reach agreement on disputed issues including a prior constitutional declaration and the referendum on the draft constitution.
Morsi's invitation was turned down by the main opposition bloc dubbed "National Salvation Front," led by former diplomat and liberal politician Mohamed ElBaradei, former presidential candidates Amr Moussa and Hamdeen Sabahy as well as other leading political figures.
A few parties, including Ghad al-Thawra (Future of Revolution), Al-Wasat (Moderation), Al-Hadara (Civilization), Al-Adl (Justice) and Masr al-Qawiya (Strong Egypt), have responded to the president 's invitation for talks, which resulted in terminating Morsi's controversial constitutional declaration issued on Nov. 22 giving him sweeping powers.
Meanwhile, the Front urges massive protests in Cairo and nationwide on Tuesday against alleged "fraud and violations" during the first stage of the constitutional referendum that took place Saturday.
The protestors are scheduled to rally at Tahrir Square, the presidential palace and the headquarters of the Supreme Election Commission in Cairo to voice condemn of what they refer to as "the Muslim Brotherhood constitution."
The Front believes that the draft constitution was written by an Islamist-dominated constituent assembly to serve only President Morsi and his Islamist supporters.
The unofficial initial results of the first stage of the referendum showed that 56 percent of voters favored the draft constitution while 44 percent voted against it.
CAIRO, Dec. 18 (Xinhua) -- Egypt's Supreme Election Commission regarded the claims of fraud and violation in the constitution referendum raised by opposition as baseless and non-objective, Counselor Mahmoud Abou Shoosha, a commission member, told reporters during a press conference Tuesday.
Condemning violation and fraud claims as "lies," Abou Shoosha said that the voting was based on the voters' national ID number that was impossible to be duplicated and that the referendum was held under full judicial supervision. Full story