DAMASCUS, Dec. 12 (Xinhua) -- At least five people were killed and 23 others injured when triple blasts targeted the main gate of Syria's Interior Ministry in the capital Damascus on Wednesday evening, Interior Ministry said in a statement aired on the state- TV.
The death and injury toll includes civilians and members of the ministry, the statement said, adding that the first two blasts were caused by explosive devices and went off, while the third was caused by a booby-trapped car rigged with 200 kg of explosives.
It said that specialized authorities are analyzing the evidences from the blast site, adding that such acts will not dissuade it from cutting the roots of terrorism with the help of the Syrian army.
The Interior Minister Mohammad al-Shaar and other top officers are all fine and unscathed.
Meanwhile, the pro-government Ekhbaria TV aired footage of an inside part of the ministry with broken walls and smashed windows.
No one has claimed responsibility for the blasts but previous ones were claimed by the al-Nusra Front, an al-Qaida-linked terror group, which has recently been branded as a terrorist group by the U.S. administration.
The ministry's blasts came at the end of a day busy with explosions. Earlier in the day, four roadside bombs went off in the Damascus's suburb of Jaramana and the parking lot of the main courthouse in Damascus, leaving at least one person killed and some others injured in addition to great material damages.
Blasts in Syria have become daily routines, especially in the capital Damascus where the armed militiamen are trying to wobble the Syrian administration to seize power.
The Syrian government says it's fighting jihadists and Takfiri groups linked to the al-Qaida terror network.