AMMAN, Sept. 22 (Xinhua) -- Google has blocked YouTube users in Jordan from viewing trailers of the anti-Islamic film "Innocence of Muslims" upon requests from the Jordanian government, an official said Saturday.
Jordanian Ministry of Information and Communications Technology requested Google, which owns YouTube, to block access to the anti- Islam film last week, an official at the ministry told the press.
"The ministry provided Google with all links that connect internet users in Jordan to the film and Google started Friday blocking access to these links," the source said Saturday.
The ministry also asked the country's telecom operators and internet service providers to block access to all links that connect users to the film, the source said.
Google has also denied access to the videos in Malaysia, Indonesia, Libya, Egypt and India.
Demonstrations broke out over the past days across the Islamic world in protest of the film, with some turning violent. U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other U.S. officials were killed during one of such demonstrations last week in Libyan eastern city of Benghazi.
In Jordan, thousands of demonstrators took to the streets, burning U.S. flags and calling for expelling the U.S. ambassador to Jordan.