ISLAMABAD, Sept. 3 (Xinhua) -- Pakistan condemned bomb attack on a car of American consulate in the northwestern city of Peshawar on Monday, which a provincial minister said had killed two American nationals.
The U.S. embassy in Islamabad denied the death of Americans but confirmed that the attack on its consulate's car injured two U.S. personnel and two Pakistani staff of the Consulate.
Mian Iftikhar Hussain, information minister in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, of which Peshawar is the capital, said that four people, including two Americans were killed in the attack.
"The Government of Pakistan strongly condemns the bomb attack on U.S. personnel working in their Consulate in Peshawar," the Foreign Ministry said.
"The attack against diplomats is a despicable act," a Foreign Ministry's statement said.
The Government will conduct full investigation of the case and would spare no effort to bring the individuals behind this crime to justice as soon as possible, it said.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack. Taliban militants are blamed for attacks on Westerners in Pakistan.
President Asif Ali Zardari strongly condemned the bomb blast and said the perpetrators of such heinous crime would not be spared, the President office said.
The President expressed sorrow over the loss of lives and directed best possible treatment for the injured.
"We can confirm that a vehicle belonging to the U.S. Consulate in Peshawar was hit in an apparent terrorist attack," the U.S. embassy said.
Police sources previously said that the bomb targeted the vehicle of the UN refugee agency.
Peshawar Police Chief, Imtiaz Altaf, confirmed that 110 kilograms of explosives were used in the attack.