CAIRO, July 15 (Xinhua) -- Chief of the Egyptian Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) Hussein Tantawi asserted that Egypt is for all Egyptians but not for just one group, state media reported on Sunday.
Tantawi said in a statement that "Egypt wouldn't fall. It is for all, and will stay united," adding that "the armed forces will continue its duty with high moral," according to official news agency MENA.
In another statement posted on its facebook page, the SCAF affirmed that the military institution is fortified against those who spread sedition and difference.
"We will support Egypt in moving forward," the SCAF said in the statement, noting that it is the right time to exert efforts.
The armed forces, which handed over power to President Mohamed Morsi late last month, said, "The armed forces during the transition period adhered to consensus policies. They weren't and will not be part of any struggle."
"The armed forces will be supporters for the train pulling Egypt forward," it added.
"We don't want lagging thoughts which terrorize and cripple the Egyptian society," said the statement.
The statement also referred to the importance of strong and balanced relations with the Arab countries and the whole world governed by Egypt's interests.
Morsi, the Muslim Brotherhood's candidate, defeated former Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq in the recent presidential election and took his oath before the supreme constitutional court on June 30, the same day the SCAF handed over power to him.