Home Page | Photos | Video | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
World
Most Searched: Putin   Hollande   French election   Syria   Taliban   

Egyptian general prosecutor to appeal against verdicts in Mubarak's trial

English.news.cn   2012-06-04 03:36:21            
 • Egyptian general prosecutor will appeal against the verdicts in Mubarak's trial.
 • The state TV failed to make clear which verdict exactly the general prosecutor will appeal against.
 • Mubarak and former interior minister Habib Adli were sentenced to life terms for killing protesters.

 

CAIRO, June 3 (Xinhua) -- Egyptian general prosecutor will appeal against the verdicts made by the Cairo Criminal Court over trials of ex-President Hosni Mubarak, his two sons, former Interior Minister Habib Adli and his six aides, state TV reported on Sunday.

The state TV failed to make clear which verdict exactly the general prosecutor will appeal against.

Meanwhile, five aides of Habib Adli were freed on the day's evening after getting the final documents for the release.

The sixth assistant, former chief of the now-defunct State Security Agency Hassan Abdel-Rahman, will remain in detention due to charges in another case, official news agency MENA reported.

Earlier on the day, the country's top prosecutor Abdel-Meguid Mahmoud ordered that a travel ban imposed on them since February 2011 will remain valid.

On Saturday, Egyptian presiding Judge, Ahmed Refaat, announced after 49 sessions of trial over the past 10 months that the court decided to sentence Mubarak and Habib Adli to life terms for charges of killing protesters in the popular demonstration last year.

Adli's six assistants were acquitted, said Refaat.

In a land deal case involving Mubarak, his sons Alaa and Gamal, and businessman Hussein Salem, the court said the charges had passed the period of 10 years for legal action. Mubarak was also acquitted in another case of power abuse.

Related:

Thousands of Egyptians flock to Tahrir Square over verdicts against Mubarak and Adli

CAIRO, June 3 (Xinhua) -- Thousands of Egyptians on Sunday flocked to Egyptian capital Cairo's Tahrir Square, protesting against the verdicts delivered to ex-president Hosni Mubarak, his sons, former interior minister Habib Adli and his six aids.

Among the protesters' demands were suspending the presidential elections and forming a civil presidential council, purifying the judiciary system and media, as well as forming a public revolution court to try Mubarak and his prominent figures.  Full story

 

Editor: Fang Yang
分享
Related News
Home >> World            
Most Popular We Recommend  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
  Top World News  >>
  Special Reports  >>