TEHRAN, Jan. 18 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi said that Tehran is ready for nuclear talks with the world' s major powers, the local satellite Press TV reported Wednesday.
Iran is ready for multifaceted talks with world powers despite the recent assassination of an Iranian nuclear official, Salehi was quoted as saying.
Earlier this month, the foreign minister said that the Islamic Republic of Iran was ready to resume nuclear talks with G5+1 (the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council plus Germany), adding that the talks could start after both sides agreed on the time and venue.
Iran has accused the United States, Britain and Israel of assassinating its nuclear official Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan in Tehran last week. Some Iranian officials claimed that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has publicized the identities of Iranian nuclear officials and exposed them to the risks of terror acts.
On Tuesday, Salehi accused the IAEA of disclosing the confidential information about Iran's nuclear activities, saying that "The IAEA has no right to make public any sensitive information about nuclear activities of its member states."
"Unfortunately, the agency has failed to carry out its duties accordingly. Even the IAEA chief (Yukiya Amano) has apologized for such mistakes in the past, but for Iran, it is just too late," he said.
Nuclear talks between Iran and the G5+1 in Istanbul in January 2011 failed to reach any agreement as Tehran rejected any notion of suspending enrichment in exchange for trade and technology benefits, as called for by several UN Security Council resolutions passed since 2006.
Special Report: Iran Nuclear Crisis