Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
Most Searched: South China Sea  MERS  FIFA  AIIB  Cannes  

Chinese FM says truth should be pursued

English.news.cn   2015-08-06 21:46:40

BEIJING, Aug. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi says search efforts for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 should continue in order to find the truth behind one of the biggest mysteries in aviation history. Wang spoke on Thursday after the Malaysian prime minister announced that the piece of wreckage found on Reunion Island last week came from the missing jetliner.

"We have also heard of the news, and we have been keeping a close eye on the situation. We advise Malaysia to give some further explanation to the passengers' relatives based on the development of the situation. I think we must first give full consideration to the passengers' relatives and feel their suffering. Of course, the search should continue, and we agree with Malaysia that the truth should be found. Meanwhile, a series of related follow-up work should be conducted. We hope that the event could be dealt with properly," said Wang.

Wang told reporters on the sidelines of the ASEAN foreign ministers' meetings that China agrees that efforts should be made to learn the truth about what happened to MH370. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said on Thursday that his government is committed to doing everything possible to discover what happened to the plane.

The Chinese foreign ministry said in a statement earlier that China has asked Malaysia to continue investigating the plane's disappearance. The ministry also said that the Chinese government has expressed its grief and sorrow for those on board and extends profound sympathies and condolences to the passengers' families.

(Source: CNTV.cn)

Editor: Song Miou
Related News
           
Photos  >>
Video  >>
  Special Reports  >>
Xinhuanet

Chinese FM says truth should be pursued

English.news.cn 2015-08-06 21:46:40

BEIJING, Aug. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi says search efforts for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 should continue in order to find the truth behind one of the biggest mysteries in aviation history. Wang spoke on Thursday after the Malaysian prime minister announced that the piece of wreckage found on Reunion Island last week came from the missing jetliner.

"We have also heard of the news, and we have been keeping a close eye on the situation. We advise Malaysia to give some further explanation to the passengers' relatives based on the development of the situation. I think we must first give full consideration to the passengers' relatives and feel their suffering. Of course, the search should continue, and we agree with Malaysia that the truth should be found. Meanwhile, a series of related follow-up work should be conducted. We hope that the event could be dealt with properly," said Wang.

Wang told reporters on the sidelines of the ASEAN foreign ministers' meetings that China agrees that efforts should be made to learn the truth about what happened to MH370. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said on Thursday that his government is committed to doing everything possible to discover what happened to the plane.

The Chinese foreign ministry said in a statement earlier that China has asked Malaysia to continue investigating the plane's disappearance. The ministry also said that the Chinese government has expressed its grief and sorrow for those on board and extends profound sympathies and condolences to the passengers' families.

(Source: CNTV.cn)

[Editor: Song Miou]
010020070750000000000000011100001344890351