BEIJING, July 26 (Xinhuanet) -- The Turkish military has continued its air and ground strikes against Islamic State targets in Syria and camps of Kurdish militants in northern Iraq.
The office of Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu confirmed that in a statement on Saturday. According to the official Anatolia news agency, all military jets involved in the airstrikes returned safely to their base in the south-eastern city of Diyarbakir early Saturday after the latest raids.
The Prime minister's office said in addition to the air raids, Turkish ground forces also carried out artillery strikes against ISIL in Syria and the Kurdistan Workers Party or PKK in northern Iraq.
The operations against ISIL and the Kurdish militants came after a week of deadly violence in Turkey, which authorities blamed on both the organisations. Turkish security forces Saturday continued arresting suspected ISIL and PKK members in Istanbul and other cities. Davutoglu's office said a total of 320 people have so far been arrested.
(Source: CNTV.cn)










