Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
Most Searched: South China Sea  MERS  FIFA  AIIB  Cannes  

Typhoon Chan-Hom moves up north, battering Shandong Province

English.news.cn   2015-07-13 17:02:47

BEIJING, July 13 (Xinhuanet) -- At least one person has been killed and a dozen injured in the wake of Typhoon Chan-Hom that hit China's Zhejiang province.

Shandong province is now bearing the brunt of Chan-Hom, with flooding becoming a major concern.

Typhoon Chan-Hom may be losing strength, but the threat is far from over. A yellow alert was issued in East China's Shandong province Sunday.

That's the third most servere alert level in China's weather warning system.

The city kick-started an emergency response as strong winds and heavy rain hit the province's the coastal areas.

Wind on both land and sea were up to 96 kilometers per hour.

All fishing boats and passenger ships were recalled to port to take shelter from the typhoon.

"So far, more than 500 fishing boats have returned to ports to take shelter from wind," said Xing Zhiliang, Zhifu Island police officer.

Over the weekend, Chan-Hom hit east China's Zhejiang province, bringing battering winds and heavy rain.

Landslides washed off over 5-thousand cubic meters of Earth in Ningbo city.

Dozens of water gates have been opened to help drain the flooded areas.

"We have been operating a maximum drainage system since last night, especially after the tide rose. The sluice gates were draining water non-stop from midnight last night until 07:00 this morning," said Tian Juan, engineer, Dinghai District, Ningbo.

As the storm heads toward the Korean Peninsula, Chinese citizens have to clean -up the muddy footprints Chan-Hom left behind.

(Source: CNTV.cn)

Editor: ying
Related News
           
Photos  >>
Video  >>
  Special Reports  >>
Xinhuanet

Typhoon Chan-Hom moves up north, battering Shandong Province

English.news.cn 2015-07-13 17:02:47

BEIJING, July 13 (Xinhuanet) -- At least one person has been killed and a dozen injured in the wake of Typhoon Chan-Hom that hit China's Zhejiang province.

Shandong province is now bearing the brunt of Chan-Hom, with flooding becoming a major concern.

Typhoon Chan-Hom may be losing strength, but the threat is far from over. A yellow alert was issued in East China's Shandong province Sunday.

That's the third most servere alert level in China's weather warning system.

The city kick-started an emergency response as strong winds and heavy rain hit the province's the coastal areas.

Wind on both land and sea were up to 96 kilometers per hour.

All fishing boats and passenger ships were recalled to port to take shelter from the typhoon.

"So far, more than 500 fishing boats have returned to ports to take shelter from wind," said Xing Zhiliang, Zhifu Island police officer.

Over the weekend, Chan-Hom hit east China's Zhejiang province, bringing battering winds and heavy rain.

Landslides washed off over 5-thousand cubic meters of Earth in Ningbo city.

Dozens of water gates have been opened to help drain the flooded areas.

"We have been operating a maximum drainage system since last night, especially after the tide rose. The sluice gates were draining water non-stop from midnight last night until 07:00 this morning," said Tian Juan, engineer, Dinghai District, Ningbo.

As the storm heads toward the Korean Peninsula, Chinese citizens have to clean -up the muddy footprints Chan-Hom left behind.

(Source: CNTV.cn)

[Editor: Luan]
010020070750000000000000011100001344080091